Siebler Home

Portfolio

Ron Siebler's involvement with historic preservation dates to 1984, and the first restoration of the Denton County Courthouse on the Square (Circa 1897).  His portfolio includes the restoration of numerous historic buildings, antique machines, and the preservation and recreation of hardware, furniture and other artifacts. Ron has specialized in performing his restorations at publicly attended demonstration projects using historic tools and methods in a museum context.

 

In 2008 and 2009 Ron worked extensively with Ann Abernathy, AIA, and other members of the Booziotis & Company Architects Team as a Preservation Consultant, Texas Farm Vernacular Architecture. He actively participated with and contributed to the development of a Master Plan for the Nance Farm. Established in 1851, the farm is a significant piece of local architectural heritage for the community of DeSoto, Texas.

 Denton County Courthouse

 Nance Barn

Siebler’s work with the Nance Farm Master Plan involved detailed inspections, analysis of the existing conditions, and recommendations for the treatment and preservation of the many outbuildings and farmstead accessory structures. These included a bucket well, curing shed, elevated water tower, windmill, and one of the oldest timber barns in Dallas County that still stands on its original foundation.

Working with volunteers from FUMC - Dallas, Ron supervised preservation efforts on the First United Methodist Church in Hutchins, Texas (Circa 1885). In 1985, the church was the location for the filming of "Papa was a Preacher". Rev. Bill Childers was the last full-time minister to serve the aging congregation. The church closed in 2004.

Assisted by community volunteers, Siebler has also worked to preserve and rehabilitate the Trevillion Blacksmith Shop (circa 1910), at Heritage Park in Sulphur Springs, Texas. As Resident Blacksmith, he returned the interior works and machinery to a working condition appropriate to the early 1900's.

Ron has also provided technical assistance to the staff of the Stuhr Museum in their efforts to stabilize the foundation and walls of the Siebler Blacksmith Shop (circa 1900).

The museum quality restoration of a Dempster #3 vaneless windmill (Circa 1912) is one of Ron's more recent projects. Only period appropriate tools, and historically documented methods were utilized in the process of removing the windmill from the tower, and restoring it to its original working order.

 

Click on this link for more information about the Dempster windmill restoration project.

 

 


 

home | about | portfolio | services | generations | e-mail

 

 

 

Website designed and maintained by Bogart Designs
Copyright © 2011 Ronald L. Siebler. All Rights Reserved.